Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Paper pinwheels...

Celebrating a birthday today.
Not mine but my daughter's. 
She's a lover of books ~ she get's that from both her father and me. 


So I thought I would incorporate her love of books with her love of cake


These pages, turned into paper fans and pinwheels, were taken from an old french novel.
I had purchased them at Faded Plains late last Autumn to make holiday ornaments and had a few left over. 



I love how the pages have turned almost ivory with age. They look lovely against the creamy white of the buttercream icing with the perfect touch of natural browns added.

2 comments:

  1. The cake looks wonderful with your pinwheels on top...such a great idea.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you have enjoyed viewing my creations. I always read every comment and appreciate your feed back. I will try to respond to each of you personally in a timely fashion.