Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Cranberry eggnog muffins

Here is a recipe I wanted to share ~ My version, an adaptation of an old favorite from Betty Crocker ;-)

Cranberry Eggnog muffins

  • 1 egg
  • 1 1/2 cups eggnog
  • 1/4 cup melted butter
  • 2 cups flour
  • 1/4 cup sugar
  • 3 teaspoons baking powder
  • 2/3 cup dried cranberries chopped
Topping
  • 2/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 cup melted butter

Heat oven to 400. Line muffin pan with paper liners

Make topping:
Melt butter and add brown sugar and spices mix well and set aside.

Make batter:
Beat egg; whisk in eggnog, and butter. Mix in remaining ingredients just until flour is moistened. Batter will be lumpy. Fold in cranberries. Scoop batter into muffin cups filling 2/3 full, sprinkle brown sugar topping over each, and bake 20 to 25 min or until golden brown. Immediately remove from pan and cool on rack.
Makes 12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you have enjoyed viewing my creations. I always read every comment and appreciate your feed back. I will try to respond to each of you personally in a timely fashion.