Pages

Friday, April 23, 2010

Sweet Dreams

sweetdreams2

I found these pictures in the archives.
Made...oh my...I can hardly remember, maybe 8 years ago?
A bassinet inspired cake for a double Baby shower.
Not twins, but for two expectant moms.
:-)
The "pillow" is even edible made by hand carving the cake into it's pillow form.

Sweet Dreams

An embossed fondant "blanket" covers the top of the bassinet and is circled by hand formed flowers, blue birds, lady bugs, snails, and sweet little bumble bees.

sweetdreams3

The white cake completely made from scratch and filled with lemon buttercream filling was enveloped with a
 Vanilla French Buttercream in a basket weave design to resemble the wicker of a vintage bassinet.

3 comments:

  1. oh my goodness.. AMAZING.. what a gift you have!!

    'sigh'... xxo, kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is AMAZING.....you are oh-so-talented!

    xoxo
    Darci

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rebecca...wow! Your cakes are beautiful! I am starting to think there is nothing you can't do! :)

    xo,
    Adrienne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you have enjoyed viewing my creations. I always read every comment and appreciate your feed back. I will try to respond to each of you personally in a timely fashion.